Dr. Seuss Short Story Collection contains eight classic titles all in one omBook! Each story entertains in classic Seuss style and provides timeless moral lessons for readers young and old.
Included in this fun interactive omBook are:
(From Yertle the Turtle)
– The Big Brag – A rabbit and a bear both boast that they are the “best of the beasts” only to be humbled by a mere worm who sees “the two biggest fools that have ever been seen!”
– Gertrude McFuzz – A young bird named Gertrude obsessed to be prettier learns a valuable lesson about accepting and believing in oneself.
(From I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! and Other Stories)
– I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! – A boastful young cat learns the perils of bragging when he overconfidently declares he can lick 30 tigers.
– King Looie Katz – King Looie of Katzen-stein insists that his tail be carried around which leads to his kingdom revolting with “demo-catic” results.
– The Glunk that got Thunk – A small cat tells the story of his imaginative sister who “thunked a Glunk” and how he must team up with her to get rid of the disruptive creature.
(From The Sneetches)
– Too Many Daves – Mrs. McCave names all of hers sons “Dave” which causes problems in her family and leads to an amusing list of names she wishes she had named them instead.
– The Zax – A north-going zax and a south-going zax stubbornly refuse to move out of each other ways and get literally get stuck in their tracks.
– What Was I Scared Of? – A timeless message about fear and tolerance as the story’s narrator repeatedly meets up with an empty pair of pale-green pants, both who are equally afraid of each other.
New features only available in this omBook include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene. To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork of Dr. Seuss with features that entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Recommended Ages: 3 – 9
Three ways to read this omBook (Oceanhouse Media digital book):
★ “Read to Me” — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
★ “Read it Myself” — read the book in its traditional form
★ “Auto Play” — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
★ Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
★ Individual words highlight and are read aloud when tapped
★ Professional audio narration
★ Custom background audio for each scene
★ Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original art of Dr. Seuss
★ This ‘Universal App’ is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad