Welcome to Yummiloo, a food-filled paradise! The Yum Yums are headed to their annual carnival, but the Rainbow Machine which powers the carnival is empty. Help Rooty and the other Yum Yums harvest as many different colored fruits and vegetables as possible to power up the Rainbow Machine and begin the carnival.
In this educational app “playing with your food” will take on a whole new meaning as kids learn the basics of food identification and nutritional curriculum through a fun and engaging game. After being introduced to the Yum Yums, users are instructed to gather fruits and vegetables by dragging them into the corresponding colored bucket to help fuel the Rainbow Machine. Little ones are also provided with a compost bin for spoiled foods, making room for more fresh foods to grow once the rotten ones are removed. Once all five colored carts are filled with food the Rainbow Machine is able to run on full power, unleashing the carnival rides and a Yum Yum party. The celebratory end of the game reinforces the importance of ‘eating a rainbow,’ educating kids about how eating a mix of bright, vibrant colored foods help their bodies grow.
– “Tap Play Mode” allows the user to tap on the fruits and vegetables to send them to the harvest bin or compost. This play mode is geared towards younger children.
- “Drag Play Mode” requires the player to drag the fruits and vegetables into the harvest bin or compost, this default mode adds challenge and complexity to the game for older children.
- Each fruit or vegetable is verbally identified as it is put into the cart, teaching children basic food identification.
- Fun “snack attacks” appear randomly throughout the game where a Yum Yum must be fed as quickly as possible.
- Original music and unique sound effects correspond with characters and actions.
- Through playing the game kids will learn about the cycle of planting, growth, harvesting, decomposition and replanting.
- The color of the fruits and vegetables must match the color of the cart they are being placed into, teaching color recognition.
Yummiloo Rainbow Power is a collaborative project produced by yummico, a new children’s media company, in partnership with Night and Day Studios. If you like Yummiloo, be sure to check out other apps by Night & Day Studios: Peekaboo Barn, Cat Doorman’s Little Red Wagon, My Very First App and more!