Spatial reasoning skills are the foundation of many important life and cognitive skills, including:
• Knowing left from right
• Understanding abstract math concepts such as shape and space
• Succeeding on standardized tests in elementary and high school
• Geometry skills
• Map reading and navigation skills
• Visual reasoning
• Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
• Geography skills
• Having a strong sense of space and time
P.O.V. is a set of 3 activities designed to teach spatial reasoning skills through fun, challenging, interactive activities.
1)Intro & Explore- Learn about the game mechanics and 4 different points of view.
2)Vantage Point – See a top view and side view of objects and choose the matching side view.
3)Make a Scene – Move the top view objects to match the side view.
Players must think their way through the activities, which get increasingly difficult as each level is mastered. Players are timed and are challenged to continually improve on their best times.
P.O.V. is designed for all learners age 8-18. Advanced 6-7 year olds may also benefit from using the app, as well as adults who are “directionally challenged.”
For best results the exercises should be done on a regular basis. The activities are designed to be repeatable and engaging, and when used on a regular basis will help spatial reasoning skills improve.
The automatic tracking and reporting feature makes it easy for parents, teachers and therapists to identify time on task and progress. You can email the progress reports right from the app itself.
• Unique interactive-viewpoint approach to developing spatial reasoning skills
• Easy to use, fun to play
• Based on sound educational principles and adapted for interactive media
• Runs on all iPads
• Randomized game play ensures kids won’t get bored
• Automatically generates usage reports
• Reports can be emailed to parents, teachers, therapists