iModeling app is a Video Modeling application designed to teach skills to people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other disabilities. Video Modeling uses video to teach new skills. It can be used to teach people of any skill level.
The iModeling app is based on research into Video Modeling conducted by Autism SA and the Disabilities Research Unit at the University of Adelaide in Adelaide, South Australia. The iModeling Project is funded by two grants from the Telstra Foundation over six years.
Research behind iModeling shows that:
• Video Modeling can teach skills to people with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other disabilities
• People can retain the skills taught and
• Use them in other settings, such as home and school.
• People most likely to respond to Video Modeling are those who enjoy being filmed, or who like watching themselves or others on film.
• Video Modeling generally has been shown to have success for children, teenagers and adults.
What does the iModeling app do?
You can use iModeling to create videos to teach skills to a person who is a visual learner. You can teach almost any skill using iModeling. Video Modeling has been used to teach literacy skills, compliment giving, play skills, turn-taking, fitness skills, conversation skills (saying hello, joining in a conversation, saying goodbye) and life skills (buttering toast, cleaning a bedroom, making mayonnaise).
The iModeling app is designed for easy and quick use, making videos anytime anywhere. It allows you to record your own footage (or use existing footage on your camera roll) and edit the footage. It will take you through 5 steps to create your own video model:
1. Creating a title
2. Record your footage and edit your footage
3. Include a reward image for watching the video model
4. Assign the video model to a specific child account
5. Review your video model and save. Ready to use.
At any time you can access the HELP and MORE INFO buttons to get more information on what to do.
More information can be accessed at www.imodelingapp.com
iModeling is on Facebook and Twitter – @imodelingapp