The videos reviews on this page are done by the Developer, not by A4CWSN.
A4CWSN will conduct their own review soon
Proloquo2Go provides a full-featured augmentative and alternative communication solution for people who have difficulty speaking. It provides natural sounding text-to-speech voices (INITIALLY AMERICAN AND BRITISH ENGLISH ONLY), high resolution up-to-date symbols, powerful automatic conjugations, a default vocabulary of over 7000 items, advanced word prediction, full expandability and extreme ease of use.
– Proloquo2Go is now available for trial on the iPads on display in Apple Stores worldwide (at present they are still showing version 1.4.1) –
Proloquo2Go is for anyone who cannot afford spending thousands of dollars on an AAC device and yet wants a solution that is just as good if not better. SLPs, teachers and parents recommend it for children and adults with autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, ALS, stroke or traumatic brain injury.
“The price is so compelling,” said Dan Herlihy, owner of Connective Technology Solutions, “and the software and hardware platform Proloquo2Go runs on so radically improved over current devices in its category that if not quite a paradigm shift, markedly raises the bar for accessibility, ease of use, and affordability.”
Proloquo2Go is a universal application that can be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (without requiring the user to purchase it twice). Proloquo2Go can be used to communicate without requiring a WiFi or 3G connection.
– Educational institutions can get a 50% discount on Proloquo2Go if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education (only available in the US right now). Contact us for more information –
INCLUDED VOICES: The current version includes North American English male, female, girl and boy voices. These can be swapped at no costs for British voices that can be downloaded through WiFi by Proloquo2Go. Support for other languages and voices is expected in the course of 2011.
Read more on proloquo2go.com
This upgrade adds the following major new features:
- Advanced, self-learning multi-word prediction in the Typing View using AssistiveWare’s PolyPredix™ engine. Supports British and American English.
- Support for VGA adapter to present on external screens for training purposes
- Improved toolbar layout for Typing View.
- Several bug fixes, including a potential crash when using accented characters.
Intro to Proloquo2Go
How to backup your Vocabulary
How to Restore your Vocabulary
How to Transfer your Vocabulary