“Speech with Milo: Prepositions” is centered on the same adorable and energetic mouse that you were introduced to in “Speech with Milo: Verbs”. Milo demonstrates 23 location words such as “inside,” “above,” and “behind.” The animated Milo will quickly win your child over so you can work on basic location concepts. Flash cards are typically used for this type of exercise, but the animation that comes with Milo will keep any child focused and attentive. And most important- it is fun!
The app comes with one set of easy instructions for both Speech Therapists and Parents. The instructions provide you with the means to use the app in many different ways so that it can be used for toddlers and preschoolers, as well as children with language delays.
• Used in therapy for children with special needs, such as: Autism / Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, cognitive delays, speech and language delays.
• Fun and affordable
• Milo, an animated mouse, keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
• Instructions for Speech Therapists and Parents (in English only)
• Preposition is spoken as the concept is demonstrated in order to reinforce with auditory input. There is an option to turn this feature off.
• Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills. There is an option to turn this feature off.
• Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the preposition in context.
• Milo takes a break every once in a while with some cheese and a dance. The child gets to feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
• You may customize the prepositions that Milo demonstrates. On List of Words from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, default order, or select your own custom set of prepositions to work on by touching the word(s) in list of words to activate/deactivate blue button.
• Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
Price at time of review $1.99